Develop, Implement, and Evaluate a Learning 2.0 project as "Action Research"
Projects are organized around "Inquiry Learning" and "Understanding By Design" principles - using student inquiry as a starting point for learning activities organized around "Core Quesions":
- Framed for maximal simplicity and worded in student-friendly language.
- Chosen to provoke discussion.
- Positioned tolead to larger essential and unit ideas.
- Teachers use digital projectors and the web to access outside resources;
- Teachers design webquest activities for exploring resources and web-based social learning environments
- Teachers use lab visits and class time to train students to access new online environments
- Students access the web 2.0 environment from home, giving them more active learning time;
- Students sustain engagement in a subject/activity over time, across deepening levels of engagement.
- Students produce formative self and peer evaluations
- Required: 30 (as project pilot: includes planning, resource development, implementation and student learning evaluation)
- Optional: 15 (as Action Research: includes project model evaluation)
- Planning and Resource Development: 8 Weeks
- Implementation: 4 Weeks
- Project Evaluation: 2 Weeks
- Conference Presentation Prep: 1 week
- Develop Project Proposal (5 hours)
- Develop Resources and Online Environment (10 hours)
- Implement Project (15 hours)
- Evaluate Project (10 hours)
- Conference Presentation (5 hours)